Eliminate The Need For Concrete Curing Blankets
Avoid The Hassle, Cost, And Scheduling Issues Associated With Concrete Blankets!
Concrete curing blankets have long been seen as a necessary evil -- with the choices being to either use them to protect the concrete in cold weather, or risk significant spalling damage to the concrete surfaces during the construction process.
Unfortunately, these blankets are far from the ideal choice -- and lead to all sorts of scheduling issues, added costs, and piled-on challenges for the foreman to consider during construction.
Here's A Breakthrough!
Instead of using concrete blankets, we recommend using SingleSeal Freeze Protect™ -- a spray-on concrete sealer that eliminates the need for concrete blankets, while adding value and quality to the final product.
Issues With Concrete Curing Blankets
Common problems associated with concrete blankets include the following:
- Added labor time to bring to site, set up, remove, and haul away
- Easy to rip and damage
- Wind can blow blankets off the surface -- no protection
- Blankets can mar the surface of the concrete
- Must be cleaned to avoid soiling the next job
- An added expense -- costing $300/each or more
Most importantly, these curing blankets mean extra steps - which means longer production and a less profitable construction project.
Concrete Curing Blankets
Unreliable Option: Wind-blown blankets mean no protection for concrete.
Insulation Issues: Blanket insulation tends to bunch up in one spot.
Tears & Holes: Flimsy concrete blankets easily rip and tear.
Added Hassle: Concrete blankets take time & labor to load and unload.
Treat Foundations With SingleSeal Freeze Protect™ Instead Of Using Curing Blankets!
Applying water-based SingleSeal Freeze Protect™ eliminates the need for concrete blankets by creating a glasslike silicate barrier deep within the pores of the concrete. This barrier is completely invisible, and will not change the appearance, feel, or texture of the concrete. However, water that lands on the concrete will bead up like mercury instead of being absorbed into the concrete, where it would normally freeze and potentially lead to spalling concrete.
This barrier will last for years - providing a vapor barrier that will eliminate the need for plastic vapor barriers and will eliminate vapor transmission through foundation walls, if applied on those surfaces. This will drastically simplify the building process, eliminating steps and the need to keep additional materials on hand.
Advantages Of SingleSeal Freeze Protect™:
- Can be used in lieu of concrete blankets, vapor barriers, and exterior/interior damp proofing
- Protects concrete from spalling damage
- Prevents capillary action and stops moisture from entering concrete
- Dries quickly & invisibly -- in as little as 20 minutes
- Can be applied to clean, existing, damp concrete as well as newly placed (uncured) concrete surfaces
- Fast, easy application
- Non-toxic, safe-to-use formula
- Can be mixed with disappearing ink for inspections
- Does not yellow or discolor with time or exposure to sunlight
- Can be used in below-freezing temperatures of 28°F and rising
Additionally, because the product applies in an a non-visible coat, it can be used for exterior damp proofing -- all the way to the top of the wall!