Sealing Pavers With SingleSeal Freeze Protect™
Maintain The Beauty Of Your Concrete Pavers With Our Easy-To-Use Sealer!
Your concrete pavers are key to the street appeal of your property, as well as being a major factor in how attractive the landscaping is overall. With just a little maintenance, you can keep your pavers looking great, while prolonging their usable life by years.
Why Seal Concrete Pavers?
When concrete pavers are unsealed, they're vulnerable to damage from water, dirt, weeds, algae, discoloration, stains, and mildew. Specifically:
- During cold weather, moisture can seep into the surface of the pavers, freezing there. As this freezing water expands, it can cause the surface of the pavers to "pop" off. This is known as spalling.
- Water penetration in concrete can also bring particles of dirt and debris into the concrete, where it collects and creates a habitat for algae, mold, weeds, and other growths.
- Moisture penetration can cause the pigmentation that colors concrete pavers to fade over time.
Sealing concrete pavers may also help in scenarios where oil, grease, and other liquids are spilled on the surface, as the sealant will prevent liquids from soaking deep into the pores. It will also help in ice removal for the same reasons.
Issues With Unsealed Pavers
Efflorescence: Moisture penetration can lead to a powdery buildup.
Moisture Issues: Moisture brings particles that support algae and fungal growth.
Algae & Stains: Water leaves dirt and other deposits that stain and grow algae, and mold.
Fading Color: Moisture infiltration contributes to drab, faded-looking pavers.
Seal Your Concrete Pavers With SingleSeal Freeze Protect™!
Sealing pavers has never been easier than it is with SingleSeal Freeze Protect™! Our product offers you a safe, easy-to-use, long-lasting solution for DIYs and contractors to effectively seal concrete pavers, helping to protect them from spalling, chipping, fungal growth, algae, efflorescence, discoloration, home de-icer damage, and more!
SingleSeal Freeze Protect™ works by penetrating deep into the pores within the concrete pavers, where it reacts with the concrete to create a glasslike silicate barrier. This barrier allows the surface to breathe, while repelling water and forming mercury-like beads on the surface. SingleSeal Freeze Protect™ is safe, non-toxic, and may be applied to pavers that are still wet with moisture. Applied with a brush, roller, or airless sprayer, it can dry in as little as 20 minutes, protecting your surfaces for years to come.
Advantages Of SingleSeal Freeze Protect™:
- Effective on existing and new concrete
- Safe & easy for anyone to use
- Dries in as little as 20 minutes, depending on weather conditions
- Can be applied to dry and/or damp concrete pavers
- May be used in below-freezing temperatures of 28°F and rising
- Inorganic, non-toxic, latex-free design will not support mold or algae growth
- Treated surface may be coated over
- Can make removal of stains & ice easier
- Will not change appearance of pavers or make slippery
- Does not yellow or discolor under UV rays
- Available in a concentrated form for ease of transport & to lower shipping costs