Sealing Your Concrete With SingleSeal Freeze Protect™
Protect Your Concrete Surfaces With Our Water-Based Concrete Sealer Products
While it may look rock-solid at a glance, concrete is a porous, absorbent material that allows water to pass through its capillary passages continuously. If this wasn't true, then wet concrete would never cure!
Issues With Unsealed Indoor Concrete
During wet weather, think of your basement, crawl space, or concrete slab as a big, porous sponge sitting in a hole of wet mud. Moisture will pass continuously through these pores and into your home, which may show itself as damp spots, causing the following problems:
- Added humidity in basements or crawl spaces, particularly in the case of concrete block walls
- Moisture buildup behind drywall and under carpets
- Efflorescence buildup on surfaces, formed as moisture evaporates and leaves mineral deposits behind
Issues With Unsealed Outdoor Concrete
Concrete driveways, sidewalks, patios, and other outdoor surfaces that are unsealed and exposed to moisture can experience damage as they are exposed to water and moisture. Problems related to unsealed concrete outdoors include the following:
- Spalling (concrete surface damage) due to moisture penetrating the surface, freezing, and popping off the surface of the concrete
- Spalling due to damage related to rebar corrosion or rock salt crystallization (subflorescence)
- Unnecessary staining of concrete from dirt and outdoor debris
Applying SingleSeal Freeze Protect™
Clean Concrete: Remove paint, efflorescence, and coatings to expose the pores.
Applying Sealer: Apply with an airless sprayer, roller, brush, or pump-up garden sprayer.
2-4 Hours To Dry: Apply a thin, even layer. Over application will dry white, not clear.
Surface Is Ready: Surface is ready when water beads up on the invisible seal.
We Can Help You Seal Your Concrete Surfaces!
SingleSeal Freeze Protect™ is an easy-to-use product that can be used on any clean concrete surface with open pores. Open pores can be determined by applying water to the concrete. If the concrete darkens pores are open if the water stays on the surface and does not absorb the pores are closed. It applies easily, is safe to use both indoors and outdoors, and applies invisibly to concrete surfaces -- with no peeling, yellowing, or discoloration of the surface. Once applied, your concrete is protected by a moisture-proof vapor barrier that will help prevent spalling damage and the ugly white powder known as efflorescence. It will also help your concrete to resist stains and will reduce ice bonding, making the surface easier to shovel in snowy, cold weather.
Advantages Of SingleSeal Freeze Protect™:
- Effective on existing and new concrete
- Easy to use by both homeowners and contractors
- Dries quickly - in 2-4 hours
- Can be applied to clean, existing concrete and also newly placed (uncured) concrete surfaces
- Can be used in below-freezing temperatures of 28°F and rising
- Inorganic, latex-free design will not support mold growth
- Maybe painted over and also finished over with drywall and insulation